Thursday, October 27, 2011

One Spook-tacular Card!

Hello Everybody! 

Halloween is almost here!  And here is one more Halloween project!  I am entering this card in 2 challenges:
 Moxie Fab WorldTextured to Perfection Challenge in the Moxie Fab World

 Wee Memories: a free for all challenge (WMC73)!
Definately go check out Moxie Fab World and Wee Memories!  There are so many talented people out there!

Here is my Spooky card!  The little ghosts add demension and a unique textures to this Halloween card!  Scroll down, and I'll show you how I made it.


First I covered my card base (Recollections from Michaels--and they are on sale this week!).  This paper is from Carolee's Creations.  I've had it in my stash awhile.


Then I take out a Halloween strip with spooky glittery words.


I cut the words apart that I need for my card.


I made some more cute upcycled ghosts for this card.  First I take a Target plastic bag.  I don't know about other plastic bags, Target's seem to be a bit different.


I cut a square out, probably 5 inches by 5 inches.  Bigger is better, you can always trim it down.


I put the plastic square over my thumb to measure.


I took extra plastic bag like from the handle and rolled it into a ball.  


Then I put the plastic ball into the center of my plastic square and tie a piece of floss around to create a neck.  I added googly eyes.  Using scissors, I trimmed the bottom of the ghost to give it a better shape.


As you can see I made 2 ghosts for this card.  Then I placed the glitter letters.  They had adhesive on them already, but I ran them through my Xron to make sure they stick to the card.


Until next time my friends...have a great Halloween!

6 comments:

Annette Allen said...

aww this is spooky cool....love it..

Brandi said...

Oh goodness! This is so cute!!! Thanks for playing with us at Wee Memories!

Helen F. said...

Oh My! such a fun and creative card, Katy! Lots of texture for sure :o)

Pamela said...

Cool card! :)

Amy Kolling said...

Ack! This is just genius and so creative! Love those ghosties! Thanks for playiing along with Wee Memories!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Katy! Thanks for linking this up to the Textured to Perfection challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)