Thursday, November 3, 2011

A Flower-Inspired Thank You Card

Hello Everybody!

Happy Friday!  It got here quick this week, didn't it? 

I am entering today's card into the challenge: Moxie Fab:  Tuesday Trigger-Beads and Baubles.

Here is the source of the inspiration.  What a fun bracelet!  After staring at it, and pulling my inspiration from it--I think I want that bracelet!  :)


Here is what it inspired...

The bracelet inspired the flowers and the colors.  Also, the centers of the flowers came from the pearls and shiny gems from the beads and charms on the bracelet.  What is under the bracelet was also a source of inspiration.  Because the bracelet lies on delicate material, I chose a delicate background for my flowers.

To see how I made this card, come scroll with me!

This really looks like material, doesn't it?  But it's not.  It's the background paper I used for my card.  I used a bigger card, 6.5X5 inches since I knew I wanted to put a wide border down the side.  This paper is from Making Memories.


The felt flower boarder is from Queen and Co.


The felt strip already has adhesive on the back and sticks down nicely.  I cut a little off the bottom and from the sides.


I love these rhinestones and pearls from Making Memories.  Michael's still has them, I might need to buy some more!  Also, on the left are blue and yellow flower rhinestones.  Those actually came from Target a few years ago out of that $1 section they have.  Check it out--you never know what is going to be there!


I distribute the flower centers :)  The pearls and beads were what inspired these particular centers.  There's a mix here like in the bracelet.  I did start with just the pearls but having the rhinestones brings a little something extra to the card.


I stamped thank you on a piece of scrap vellum.  I used Staz On black ink and the stamp is from Stampabilities.

Now adhering vellum has always been a challenge for me.  And this go around was no different.  I didn't want to use brads or any clipping pieces.  So I brought out the ol' Xyron machine.  And the vellum came out perfect!  I did cut the thank you in half so it would fit in the space to the right of the flower boarder.


Here is the finished card.  I really liked how it turned out!  Until next time my friends...stay baubly! :)


2 comments:

Sarah Bennett said...

That pretty bracelet ended up being wonderful inspiration. Your card is sooo pretty! I love how you incorporated all that wonderful bling into the felt. Beautiful!

Donelda said...

what a great way to interpret and create a card based on the photo!!