Thursday, December 29, 2011

Kraft and Twine Card

Hello Everybody!

I am playing with all of my new fun things that I got at Christmas!  Plus I went to the scrapbook store and couldn't help myself!  But I did exercise some caution so I didn't come back home with way way more stuff--just a litte bit more stuff ;)

The card I have here I am entering into 3 challenges:

CAS-ual Fridays: CFC33 Create a clean and simple project using Kraft and Twine


Simon Says Stamp:  Anything goes!


Wee Memories:  WMC80 Anything Goes!



So here's my card...Scroll on down and I'll show you what I did!


Here is my blank Kraft canvas.


Here's my blank chipboard canvas. ;)  I painted them white (which I don't have a picture of but trust me, I painted them.)


Here is a little treat I got from my local scrapbook store.  Lime green twine by My Mind's Eye.  Fun!


So after my chipboard letters dried, I wrapped the twine around them.  I used a little glue on the front and taped the back with the winding piece.  Here is the dot of the eye.  I used a clothes pin to help the glue dry.


Here is the back of the h.

Here's the front.

I adhered the letter with Glossy Accents to the Kraft card.  Then using a fine black pen I doodled a frame around the edges.

I have Martha Stewart twine-which I like-but I found the twine from My Mind's Eye to be a little thicker.  So I thought that was cool and I would tell you in case you are shopping around for twine.  :)

Until next time my friends...enjoy the last days of December...and 2011!

10 comments:

Emily Leiphart said...

I love your twine-wrapped letters and doodle border, Katy! Thanks so much for stopping by during the December Paper Smooches DT Blog Hop!

Amy Kolling said...

OMG....love your use of the twine for wrapped letters!!! What a great idea! Thanks for playing along with Wee Memories!

Annette Allen said...

wow this is so cool...love how you used the twine...

Happy New Year

Michele Gross said...

Really cute and fun!! Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!

Anonymous said...

The best cards always have a 3-D element to them. Love it!

Shirley said...

I like the twine-wrapped letters - I'll have to try it sometime!

Mandy said...

Fab card Katy, fab way of using the Bakers Twine.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp for our anything goes challenge.
Happy New Year
hugs Mandy xx

Mynn xx said...

Um, genius!!!! LOVE this card--and using twine to cover up chipboard is a fabulous idea. :) DEFINITELY CASEing this! :)

Virginia L. said...

Really cool and fun design! So glad that you play with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Carly said...

neat idea, I can see this being something my students would like, and could do. Thanks for the idea!