Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Tidbit Tuesday-Tags!

Hello Everybody!

Hope you are doing well on this Tuesday!  I am combining my Tidbit with the Blog Hop-Leap Around the World!

First here is the sketch by Debby de Wilde...
Here is the paper I am using for the outside of my pocket.  I am going to make the pocket the design element for this card.  This paper is from 7 Gypsies.


The red paper is from Making Memories.  I measure the 7 Gypsies paper smaller than the red which is the size of the card.  If you had enough red to cover the exposed part of the pocket-that would be ok too, and no one would be the wiser!


I like my pockets to be as closed off as much as possible.  If you put a few photos, or tags, etc. you don't want them poking out.  So I used red line tape to show that I am going to adhere 3 sides to the red on the base of the card.  And with red line tape the pocket isn't going anywhere so I have to be sure I have it lined up just right the first time.


I realized that I had a little extra space to play with on the front of my card so this is a silk flower I bought from Michaels around Thanksgiving.  Now part of it is going to be my flower on the card.  Don't worry, we aren't using Versamark for this project, I just haven't put it away yet! ;)


So I have this tag in my tag collection and it matches great with the print on the pocket paper.  One of the fiber colors I pull out also matches perfectly.  Coincidence?  Or just lucky!


So here is the assembly of my card.  The center of the flower is a rhinestone brad from Recollections.  I used Zots (glue dots) to glue the flower to the pocket.


Here is my finished card...

And here it is with the tag out and the sentiment.  Tags are so versatile.  Scrapbook pages, chipboard books, and cards and where ever else your creative heart leads you!  :)  Until next time my friends...send someone a pocket full of love :)

3 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Gorgeous take on the sketch. Love the autumn colours as well.
Hugs
Desire

Betty Anne said...

Love your take on the sketch Katy, great job.

Khandrogos said...

Amazing sometimes how much work goes into a card that no one knows about.