Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Birthday Card

Hello Everybody!

Well I ran out of storage for my little blog here so I am working on fixing that.  I have some things to put on my side bars (like a showcase award) and right now the system won't let me :(  But hopefully soon that will change.  Don't forget about my 4th of July challenge!  Also, keep a look out--there are a few more challenges that will pop up over the next few weeks.

So last month was International Scrapbook Month at Let's Scrap.  There was one challenge where you were supposed to make your own embellishments and you could make a scrapbook layout or 2 cards.  Well...I made 1 card and didn't get to the 2nd one.  So I wanted to share it with ya'll.

Here is the sketch that I used:


Here is my sketch.  I made the background.


Here is another view of my card.


Here are the alcohol inks that I used to create the background.  You just put them in a row on your felt applicator tool and go one way on the glossy paper.  Reink and then go the other way.  Love this plaid!

The word stickers are from Target-many many moons ago.  The tag is Tim Holtz along with the ticket stamp.  The Happy Birthday sentiment is from G Studio and the flowers are some little flowers that I had.

Until next time my friends...have a good night!

2 comments:

Annette Allen said...

awesome cards...I love how you used the alcohol inks...looks amazing..

Ann said...

Very cool card.
I actually have a few 4th of July cards that I did last weekend I just haven't had a chance to get the pictures ready and post them. I have to thank you for giving me the inspiration. I haven't done anything crafty in quite a while and I missed it