Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Masking Tape Card

Hello Everybody!

Hope all is well in Blogland!  I am waiting for my sister to arrive and thought I would make a quick post.  I have been working on this technique and then this morning I was able to put the card together and take a few pictures.  I am submitting this card to the Do More With Less: Guest Miae Rowe challenge.  Go check it out.  Miae does a great job explaining the Masking Tape technique and it's easy and fun to do!

Here's my card.  The letters are glittery letters but I don't remember the brand.  The flowers and stems are all apart of the Masking Tape Technique.


Here is my first piece of cardstock with masking tape on it that I sprayed.  You need gesso to put on the tape.  I didn't have any but I have been seeing people use it all over the place.  So when I saw this technique I decided the time is now!  I am so happy I bought it because I've used it on a few different projects.  I googled other uses for it.


Here is a close up of the flowers.  The orange color is Tattered Angels, red from Smooch, and the green is from October Afternoon.

Here's my card.  Thanks for stopping by!  Until next time my friends...who knew a little masking tape could be so much fun? :)

12 comments:

Miae said...

Brilliant! I do love how the flowers turned out! Thank you for playing along with my masking tape challenge!

yyam said...

Oh wow! Your blooms look amazing! So glad you finally bought some gesso to play with!

Thanks for playing along with my guest Miae's challenge! :)

Unknown said...

This is beautiful! I love the colours.

~Tammy~ said...

Very cool!

Mynn xx said...

OH wow!!! These are amazing! I am just blown away by them! GORGEOUS--you are so talented! :)

Angi Barrs said...

Super creative and adorable!

Dr Sonia S V said...

Katy you do make awesome unique stuff!! This is gorgeous !!

Cheers
Sonia
cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Victoria said...

WOW! What a fantastic idea with humble masking tape. Love it! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog :)

Kelly Griglione said...

Neat-O, Katy! Your masking tape flowers have such great texture. Cool technique!

Khandrogos said...

The flowers have a cool 3d look to them!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Masking tape can be so daunting to use...you nailed this!!! Love it...fab design as well!

Carly said...

I've been reading on my ipod lately, so I can't comment, but this one is really neat! Hope you and Magnus are having a great summer.