Monday, November 12, 2012

Technique Tuesday-Christmas Tags!

Hello Everybody!

Today's tidbit is using the current technique going on at Technique Tuesday.  To see the tutorial click here.  My project last week for the DT was a card with balloons.

But after seeing the other DT's projects, I couldn't help but to try this technique again-in the form of Christmas tags.  Also, there is a challenge going on at Moxie Fab for Alphabet Stickers.  There is still time to play and you can click here for the details.

So I made Christmas tags using the George cartridge on the Cricut.  My 3-D shapes also came from my Cricut.  The secret to this is to make sure your punched or cut out shape is symmetrical.  If it isn't, there can be problems.


Here is my first tag.  The snowflake came from the Travel cartridge.  The stickers are from Stickabilities.  Before I put the letters on, I sprayed the tag and snow flake with silver Perfect Pearls Mist.  (I love this stuff!)  The snowflake was the hardest element to make because it was exactly symmetrical the way I folded it.  The folded piece was skinny so it isn't perfect but I made it work.


The tag background is sprayed with brown mist from Dylusionals.  The Christmas tree is from the Cricut cartridge Celebrate with a Flourish.  (I just did one of the layers and cut off the star and made my own.)  I used stickles on the star which was punched out ironically.  ;) The alpha stickers are from Doodlebug.


I will just say I love this wreath.  The white dots are from Enamel Accents.  It's like a white puff paint.  Then I stamped a Stampendous present stamp as a watermark on the bottom of the tag.  The letters are from Making Memories.

Thank you for stopping by!  There's still time to play at Moxie Fab and Technique Tuesday.  The 3-D element is like magic!  Until next time my friends...it's time to get the Cricut warmed up! :)

4 comments:

Brenda said...

Cute set of tags :)

maria f. said...

These are cool. Like how your embellies pop off the tag. Such a fun touch.

Karen Petitt said...

Hiya Katy, what a fab idea - I hadn't thought of making my own Christmas tags and now you've given me a great idea for making some! I have got a tree punch or a cricut but I think I could make a simple tree shape by hand and get the same effect! thank you hun xx

Mynn xx said...

I'm not sure how I missed these, but they're amazing, Katy! LOVE your use of the technique! You are fabulous! :)