Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Cupid Card

Hello Everybody!

I am working on my Valentine's Day cards so get ready to see lots of red and pink...and grey?

Here is my card.  I am entering it in the Cut It Up Challenge #11: Love is in the Air.  The cupid is a Sizzix Die Cut from Tim Holtz.  I use grunge paper to cut him out (with my cuttlebug) and painted him with Close to my Heart Pearl paint mixed with tulip re-inker.  Then I painted him with Rock Candy Crackle.  So cooool. :)

The love is embossed from a Cuttlebug word folder and I cut out love and sanded it.  I used a TH distress Coredinations paper so it's red on the outside and pink on the inside.  In this case-too pink.  I used some distress walnut ink and then it was too dark.  So then I put a little white paint on it and rubbed it in with my finger.  The musical notes are washi papers from Reflections and I kind of bunched them up on each side.

Oh and the background?  The technique is in Tim Holtz's Compendium of Curiosities I.  It's called Rusted Enamel and it's on page 41.  I don't want to say how to do it for respect to Mr. Holtz.  (His blog might have it: www.timholtz.com).


I will say there is embossing powder involved.  I took this picutre with the flash on by accident.  You can see the texture in the background.


Thank you for stopping by!  Until next time my friends...Love is in the Air! :)

2 comments:

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

Fabulous card! I love all the texture! Thanks so much for joining us at Cut It Up!

Stacey

Kimberly J. said...

Great details on this card! That crackle is so cool! Thanks for joining us at Cut It Up Challenges!! :)

Kimberly
Cut It Up Design Team