Friday, February 15, 2013

Embroider

Hello Everybody!

I hope everybody had a wonderful Valentine's Day!  I did-it was nice and low key.

Time is ticking for the challenge at The Craft Barn but I finally have made my ATC for their Alphabet Challenge.  The letter now is E.  I chose the word embroider.  And that is what I did on this ATC.  I used a little walnut distress ink to better highlight my word plus I used a straight stitch to section off my word from the rest of the page.


Here's a close up.  The flowers and basket are from a design in the book Creative Embroidery on Paper by Erica Fortgens.  I had originally heard about sewing on paper from Ecstasy Crafts many moons ago.


Thank you for stopping by!  Until next time my friends... I wonder what the next letter will be! :)

11 comments:

Carly said...

Did you actually sew this onto the page? That is really neat!

Annette Allen said...

wow Katy this is amazing... I really love it... you are so creative..

woohoo...so glad you seen my tag.. i am excited about it.. :)

Maggie said...

Lovely ATC and embroidery so vibrant against the background!

MaggieH

Scrapmate said...

How pretty this is.

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE how you embroidered around your word! Clever! LOVE your other stitching, too! FAB ATC!

Katy said...

Hi Carly! I really did sew it onto the card. I used a pattern for the flowers. I pierced it then "embroidered" it. :)

Sylvia said...

Fabulous ATC, very clever embroidery.

Desire Fourie said...

Katy this is a gorgeous little ATC with so much detail - very creative.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Anonymous said...

Embroidery on an ATC? wow, well done.
Thanks for playing with us at the Craft Barn
Izzy

Angi Barrs said...

Your ATC is adorable!

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW beautiful stitching.I sure do have a lot of catching up to do on your blog!