Monday, April 8, 2013

Thinking of You

Hello Everybody!

I made a card for the challenge at Inkspirational.  This week it's colors:


Here's my card.  I really wanted to play and I kept trying to come up with something that I liked.  I had flowers out, and I embossed some yellow cardstock but I couldn't make sense of it.  So then I thought-what if I could make it a little grungy or steampunkish?  So I don't know if I succeeded in either of those categories but I know I had more fun using my Tim Holtz clock stamp and Tim Holtz stains than if I had used flowers.

The background is a dictionary page that I colored with worn lipstick stain.  The Admit One ticket is the slate color which is stormy skies stain.  It's one of Tim Holtz's embossing folders.  The sentiment is from T.H. Stamper Anonymous (an awesome set!) and then the hot air balloon is from Hampton Arts.  I also have a piece of Recollections washi tape (birds) across the middle.

I used Weathered Wood distress ink to help pop the ticket, and I used a little on the hot air balloon.

This challenge ends soon, but Wednesday there will be a new one! :)



Here is a close up.  I think I will be using the ticket embossing folder a few more times! :)


Thank you for stopping by!  Until next time my friends...where would you like a hot air balloon to take you?  (besides the sky) ;)

9 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Just gorgeous. Its a great take on the colour inspiration and I love the travel theme.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}t

sandie said...

Great grunge card, a real unique take on our colours. I would like to fly away to a shiny Greek Island!! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational.

Ruth M said...

What a great take on our colours Katy, that's a fabulous card! I love the dictionary page and the embossed ticket adds great texture!

As it's wet, grey and miserable here today I'd like a balloon to whisk me off to anywhere that is warm and sunny with clear blue skies!

Thanks so much for joining us at Inkspirational, please come back soon! Ruth x

Annette Allen said...

awesome card.. i love the color combo and those fun TH stamps...

Migdalia said...

A LOVELY card!!the embossed ticket....AWESOME!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥

SandeeNC said...

Great job, love the inked background! I'd be too afraid to get up in a hot air balloon though, much prefer to see them floating across the sky! Thank you SO much for visiting my blog, hugs and a wave from the hills of North Carolina ♥

Mynn xx said...

What a great steampunk card! LOVE the textures and inkiness! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational! :)

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Great one! I love the ticket and embossing! That balloon is fab here as well!

Angi Barrs said...

Fantastic! Love that hot air balloon!