Monday, May 6, 2013

A Birthday Card

Hello Everybody!

I went to the Scrapbook Expo and had the best time!  I went with my mom-in-law, and it was so much fun.  A lot more fun than going by myself! :)  There were so many booths that I could've used another 2 hours but I know the vendors were happy when 5 o'clock came.

So I made this card for the challenge going on over at Inkspirational: Challenge#18 Colors peach, olive green, and grape.


Here is my card.  I used a new stamp set that I got at the Scrapbook Expo.  It's from a Company called Rubbernecker and check out their site.  They have lots of products and lots of great stamps!  There is a stamp for the purple color and then an outline stamp.  I used Tim Holtz dusty concorde and a blue distress marker and water for the purple color.


I used a Martha Stewart punch for the butterflies and then embossed them with Swiss Dots.  The sentiment is a rub-on.  I love how this came out.  It's so pretty and wasn't time intensive (woo hoo!).  Better go for now but thank you for stopping by!  Until next time my friends...have a good night.

5 comments:

sandie said...

fabulous flowers Katy, beautifully designed. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational x

Ruth M said...

Such a fresh and pretty card Katy, I love your new flower stamps! The embossed butterflies are a sweet touch! Thanks so much for joining us at Inkspirational again, see you next time! Ruth x

Anonymous said...

Very nice! The distress inked flowers look so fun. It looks as if you used water color paint. Great use of the colors! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational!
- Shauna

Mynn xx said...

Katy, this is amazing! LOVE the watercolor effect of the flowers--they are stunning! Thanks for joining us at Inks! :)

Jaya Raghuvanshi said...

What a pretty card Katy!! The flowers look soo gorgeous!!