Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Fourth of July Card

Hello Everybody!

This card placed in the TOP 5 at Inkspirational!

Tonight I made a card for the Fourth of July.  Here's my card:


I am submitting it into the following challenges:

Inkspirational Challenge #25-CASE this:


Cut It Up Challenge #21: Red, White, and Blue and Use a Die Cut-I used my Cricut to cut the stars (good ol' George Cartridge)

I used a paisley embossing folder for the top of my card.  I made red and blue stars using my Cricut.  The shiny stars in the middles are from Scrap Yard 329.  I don't know if they are still around anymore.  They made shiny light weight metal embellishments which of course I still seem to have.  LOL!  I remember buying them at the Scrapbook Expo like 8 years ago and thinking this is the best thing ever.  Back then they were though but I must have been afraid to use them.  I need to remedy that! 

Oh and I wanted to share that I love this CASEed card.  I will probably be using it again.  :) 

Thank you for stopping by!  Until next time my friends...what old old old stash do you have?

12 comments:

Ruth M said...

What a fabulous CASE of the original card Katy, a perfect card for July 4th! Kudos to you for using up some old stash items!
So nice to have you playing along with us at Inkspirational again, see you next time I hope! Ruth x

sandie said...

Hi Katy, such a great embossing folder and perfect for the bright row of stars. So pleased you liked the card to case. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

I love your take on the CASEd card. The red and blue really pop off that white, and I like how you alternated the colors. Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up Challenges!
Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is beautiful!! LOVING all the stars!!!

Migdalia said...

LOVE the simplicity and beauty of this card!!


Thank you for joining us at Cut It Up Challenges.
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

Leslie Germain said...

WOW! Love this patriotic card. The red and blue stars on the white embossed background. So pretty!

Ruth M said...

Katy - I'm posting on behalf of Sandie from Inkspirational who wants to send huge apologies for all the comments that have gone through from her. Sandie thought they weren't going through and has only managed to delete one.
So sorry! Ruth x

Mynn xx said...

Such a fun and fabulous card, Katy! LOVE the patriotic theme and the metallic bling! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational! :)

Meighan Wheller said...

Fabulous take on our CASE challenge Katy. Great colours and love the bling. Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational. Meighan

Christy said...

This is great! Love the stars :) :) THanks for joining us at Cut It Up Challenges. :)

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Gorgeous card!!!

Sandy said...

I love CAS cards and your card is wonderful!
sandy