Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Acetate Smack!

Hello Everybody and Happy Tuesday!

It's time for a new challenge at Technique Time Tuesday-are you ready?  It's called Smackin' Acetate.  It's super easy and fun!  Mynnette has made a wonderful video.  In a nutshell you swipe your markers over a piece of acetate and spritz some water and then put your cardstock on top of it (hence the smash).

So here is what I made:


I used a dictionary page as the background and then used some Tim Holtz stamps and gear stamps for Graphic 45.  The hand is a movers and shaker from Tim.  I used one of the simple sayings from Tim's stampers anonymous collection for the sentiment.  

I used Distress markers black soot and faded jeans for that middle background where I used the acetate smash technique.  I then was able to continue using those colors for the rest of the card with the Distress Ink.  Right now I love some black soot.  I have inked before with black so it shouldn't be that big a deal-but if I can put black soot on something-I will!

Oh I did change up the technique a little bit-I used Perfect Pearls Mist-gold to react with the distress markers while the ink was still on the acetate.  This added a little shimmer to the marker color.

Here's a picture where you can see a few bits of gold.


I would like to enter this into the following challenge:

This is going to a friend of ours that is on bed rest-doctor's orders.  Hopefully, this will brighten his day a little!  :)

Thanks for stopping by!  Until next time my friends-Just Smack it! :)  (don't go crazy though!)

7 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwww! That turned out AWESOME!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee those colors!!!

Karen Petitt said...

Fabulous Katy! I never considered that this technique could be used to create distress type backgrounds - love it! hugs Karen

Mynn xx said...

LOVE the steam punk feel, Katy! LOVE the use of the gold glimmer mist, too! I bet it gives great shine! Fabulous creation! HUGS to you and hope that you are having a great week! :)

Unknown said...

Lovin' your steampunk inspired card! :D

Cazro said...

Terrific male card, nice to see a Get well card too. Thanks for sharing with us at The Male Room during our inaugural challenge. Caz

Louise van Vuren said...

Great male card, hope your friend is feeling better soon. Great use of the technique too, love your choice of colours.

Louise xx

Unknown said...

Wow I am loving your masculine steam punk card! Great choice of Distress Inks for the technique!