Sunday, September 8, 2013

A Moving Card

Hello Everybody!

Tonight I made a card for the challenge going on at Inkspirational.  It's for my sister who moved not too long ago.  My mom-in-law was sweet enough to lend me the Beyond Celebrations Cricut Cartridge to use this image on it.  But I didn't really have the mojo until I saw the color combo challenge at Inkspirational.

I am also entering this card in the Anything Goes Challenge at Catch the Bug.

It's a simple card but fun to make.  I cut the first image out of white cardstock and then the second image which was a shadow out of black cardstock.

Here's the cool part-I colored them with gelatos.  All 3 colors came from the 50's diner set.  And I just rubbed the gelatos with my finger.  No water.  I like how the edge around the card turned out.  Maybe next time I will add a bit more color.  I was trying not to over do it-which I am more that capable of doing-LOL!  The letter stickers are from Dear Lizzy.


Here are the colors.  And there is still time to play along-this challenge closes Monday evening some time.


Thanks for stopping by!  Until next time my friends...stay crafty! :)

7 comments:

Kathy said...

This is a great color combo. Fun card for someone who just moved. Thanks for joining us at our Anything Goes challenge at Catch the Bug.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeee this! LOVING that house and the car!!!!

Annette Allen said...

how cool is this card.. i love it..

Unknown said...

Adorable! Your sister is going to love this card! Thanks for playing at Inkspirational!

Anonymous said...

Cute Katy! What a good job combining the challenges. I like color fading effect on the edges. As always, thanks for playing at Inkspirational!
- Shauna

Marina said...

Great bold shapes , look great with our colours, and a great card for someone moving home. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges. Come back next week! Marina

Jen Leeflang said...

I love the CAS treatment of your card - simple yet powerful!
Thanks for joining us at Bugaboo's Anything Goes Challenge this week, good luck in the draw, and be sure to join us with another of your wonderful projects next week!
luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
BUGABOO DT