Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Good Clean Fun!

Hello Everybody!

I am so excited about this month's challenge at Technique Time Tuesday!  It is the shaving cream technique and it is really cool.

There are instructions on the site.  Initially, I used re-inkers in the shaving cream and made a bunch of "prints."  So I thought about how to construct my card--but then today I went back to look a the tutorial and it said to use sprays.  Sprays!  That totally changed everything.  So for this I used a blue Dylusions spray and such a difference than if you use the re-inkers.

I swirled some but not all of the color.  I like the color drops.  Then I used light modeling paste and a Tim Holtz stencil.  I used a Tim Holtz sentiment stamp and pop dotted it.  Then I glued down some silver sequins.


Now if you look closely you will see that the paste is a little brown in parts.  That is because I have a serious problem cleaning my stencils!  LOL  Of course I didn't realize it until it was too late but I am pretty sure it was walnut ink distress ink on my stencil.  It was too late but instead of scrapping it, I embraced it.  I like that it kind of breaks up the blue and white.  

I do hope you come and join us for this fun technique.  You can get your kids to do it too.  Instead of re-inkers or sprays you can use food coloring.  :)

Until next time my friends...embrace the imperfection! 

5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhh this is gorgeous! LOVING that background you created!!!!

yyam said...

Really cool. Love the special effect...I don't clean my stencils either...hehe

Mynn xx said...

I totally agree with you about the bit of brown! It gives even more texture to this fabulous card!!! LOVE the way you went CAS--totally fun and funky! HUGS and have a great rest of the week! :) Mynn xx

Annette Allen said...

wow wee this is gorgeous.. love how you added the color..

Unknown said...

Isn't this loads of fun! Love your little sequins :)