Friday, April 4, 2014

Mixed Media Tag

Hello Everybody!

I am so excited to be showing you my first project using the best wood embellishments!  The company is called Unique Laser Designs.  Let me show you!

I used one of the wooden tags.  These are so awesome!  I added gesso to it and then heat embossed it.  The tag didn't warp or do anything weird!  (score!) ;)  Then I covered the clarinet players and painted the rest of the tag.

Good ol' Tim Holtz Distress paint.  I used Chipped Sapphire for most of it and then I dabbed Salty Ocean and Picket Fence on it.



Here is a close up of the black embossing.  I used Tim's black soot distress ink to stamp the image and then Stampendous black embossing powder.

Do you see that awesome swirl?  That is another Unique Laser Design wood piece.  You can get a closer look here.

These next two pictures show close-ups of the small wooden musical notes that I used.  Now this is funny.  I used some ooooold silver distress crackle paint on the musical notes so they would contrast.  Once the notes dried they were supposed to crackle.  They didn't-which is ok.  They have the texture of the paint.  I guess I'm lucky the bottle wasn't totally dried up even though the paint is really thick! ;)




Here is a side view of the tag.  You can see there is a little thickness there.  The stars were applied with light modeling paste and a TH stencil.  I used TH rub-ons for the center bottom.  And TH word band.  Have you ever know clarinet players to not be authentic?  (hehe)



And because of the strength of the wood, I had to add a "heavy" embellishment.  This is a corked vial from TH.  In chemistry 102 he showed us how to crackle glass.  So I cannot say how to do this.  And then I added those little pink roses.  I used glossy accents on the vase.  And so far so good.  :)


Thank you so much for stopping by!  There is a challenge going on for everybody (those who do and do not have ULD products) on the blog.  Check it out here!

Speaking of challenges-I am entering this tag into the following challenges:



Until next time my friends....let's go create! :)


4 comments:

Annette Allen said...

what an awesome tag.. love all the little fun extra's you added..

Jaya Raghuvanshi said...

Fabulous tag Katy! Love the look and the image you used is awesome!

Angi Barrs said...

I love how you made this tag! It's so fun!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Great tag, fantastic image and I love the mini bottle and flowers which add wonderful dimension to your design. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Tracy x