Thursday, May 1, 2014

Out in Nature Layout

Hello Everybody!

There's a new challenge at Scrap It Girl!  The challenge is to do a project for Mothers or Mother Earth.  How fun is that!

So I went with Mother Nature for this layout.  My son is even wearing a shirt that says Love Your Mother and then there is the Earth.  I love it when a plan comes together! :)


Here are a few close ups:


This circle is from a DCWV paper pad, the bird is K&Company, and the arrow is from Fancy Pants.  The 3 I received in a package.


Papers are from Jillibean Soup, My Mind's Eye, Bella Blvd, Coredinations Cardstock.  The green embossed tree paper-it has just been in my paper stash forever.  ;)  The birds on a line are a washi tape from Recollections.

These birds are Tim Holtz rubons. 


More Tim rub-ons and the light modeling paste was mixed with green tea Gelato to achieve this color.  I used a Heidi Swapp stencil.


I am also submitting this layout to Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge #6.

This is their sketch.  Also there is a twist-use an old item and a new item and use them together.  My old item is the Out in Nature title banner and the leaf picture die cut.  My newest items are the 3 Tim Holtz Remnants (rub-ons).  


I cut the banner off of the sheet of die cuts.  This is from SEI from 2002.  Yeah, that's over 10 years old!  The leaf is from Colorbok.  It doesn't have a year on the package but trust me-I have a whole pack of these leaves, and they have been here awhile!


So I used a distressing tool to rough up the edges and inked the edges with Gathered Twigs Distress ink.  Welcome to the 21st century old banner ;)  



Thank you so much for stopping by!  Can't wait to see what you create!  Until next time my friends...Happy May! 


15 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors and that leaf!!!!!

Jaya Raghuvanshi said...

Wow! This is a gorgeous LO Katy!! Awesome!

Candy C said...

Hi Katy. Your nature layout is so cute. Your son is darling...such a cute picture! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment. <3 Candy

Annette Allen said...

aww what a cute layout.. that picture is adorable..

Leslie Germain said...

How cute! Love that picture. :)

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Great layout! I love the textures you added in with the molding paste and the leaf...very clever! Thanks for joining the fun at Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge #6!

Glenda said...

Great layout! Wonderful layers and textures. Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

Anne Pennington said...

Sweet layout of a sweet subject - love it!!!

creative lady said...

Great layout, love all the textures you added to the card. Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge.

lost coast scrapper said...

Darling layout! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

Gloria Stengel said...

Love it! I love all the little details! Thanks for playing along with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

Tammi said...

great take on the sketch!! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Craft Hoarders!

Pammejo said...

Fabulous take on the sketch.... Thanks for taking part in the Hoarders Craft Anonymous Challenge Blog.

Unknown said...

Fantastic! Love the leaf addition .Thanks so much for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anon :)

Amber Milone said...

Such a cute little boy nature layout. I love all of the little details! Thanks for joining us at CHACB.