Friday, September 12, 2014

Friday Fun with Great Impressions

Hello Everybody!

It's Friday!  Woo Hoo!  And it's my turn to show a fun card using Great Impressions Stamps at the Great Impressions Blog.

Great Impressions has great Halloween stamps.  I love this silhouette of two witches hanging out drinking brew.  This stamps is G433 Witches Brew.

I used papers from DCWV-Eek-a-boo and the fall and Halloween combo cardstock stack.  It papers come already matched my life just got easier!  ;)

I used Tim Holtz's Distress Paints for the square with the witches.  The witches are heat embossed, so they resisted the paint.  I used seedless preserves, ripe persimmon, and crushed olive and water.  Then I blotted the seedless preservatives around the edge to help make it stand out.  I used ripe persimmon down the center of the card.  I did this to help the green spider web punch stand out better.  (That punch is from Martha Stewart.)



For the sentiment I used B217 Have Some Brew.  I stamped it in black then cut out the words.  Using a pen, I outlined the words so they would stand out better against the background.  The purple brackets on each side are from a Tim Holtz mover and shaker shape that I cut in half.

Be sure to check out the challenge going on at Great Impressions.  You can also be inspired by our Facebook Page and Pinterest Boards!

Thank you so much for stopping by!  Until next time my friends...have some brew!  Where are you rushing off to?  ;)

5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhh this is fabulous! LOVING the witches!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card !!

Annette Allen said...

OK those witches are TOO COOL.. great card..

Leslie Germain said...

Adorable Halloween card. Love the witches.

Mynn xx said...

I can't believe I didn't comment on this one yet, Katy! LOVE the great colors and the fun textures! This is awesome! HUGS! :) Mynn xx