Friday, February 26, 2016

February Tim Holtz Tag

Hello Everybody!

I am so excited that I finished my Tim Holtz tag for February!  It's always a treat to be able to make what Tim makes (or come really close to making it).


I used a different stencil-mine was doilley but I like the one he used better (I have to add it to my list).  I used a couple of his roses and painted them with spun sugar distress paint.  I love these little roses!

I love the heart too.  It is 2 pieces of ephemera glued to a heart base.  For me I hadn't thought of using the printed pieces like this so this makes me really happy.  I used his same technique on the raised words except that I had to spell out the words using a stencil because I didn't have the one Tim used.  

I am entering this February tag into the following challenges:

Tim's tag and link up (because there is still time) is here.

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes

Thank you for stopping by!  Until next time my friends...i heart you! :)

6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeee this! LOVING that heart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leslie Germain said...

Katy, this is beautiful!!! LOVE the picture!!!

Teresa Kline said...

hello Katy! so awesome, luv the layers and the vintage look! so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

Karen Petitt said...

Huge congratulations Katy - I was so thrilled for you when I saw your name - go look at Tim's blog huni Karen xx

Mylissa Stout said...

Congrats to YOU on your win...I really like your background...it turned out very interesting...my eyes are drawn to the depths of it..and I like how your heart came out...very unique....oh and those sweet little pink roses!!!! : )

Kelly said...

Love how you did the heart! There are two sides to everything ;-) Congrats on being one of the 12. Creative Blessings! Kelly