Saturday, April 16, 2016

Semi Homemade Banner

Hello Everybody!

I'm trying something new today-I'm blogging from my phone!  Do you do that?  

So the title of this post is semi homemade. Have you ever watched Sandra Lee? I love her! I have watched her show many times and cooked many of her delicious recipes.  And if your not familiar with her she uses some things that are made already but the end product is homemade.  Like instead of cutting fresh onions you can use frozen onions and save time cutting. 

So I have a semi homemade banner to show y'all today.


I have a machine that will cut banners-but today there was no time for that! And I was at Michaels and saw this watercolor banner paper pad for recollections so that is when the ideas started to come together. I bought the matching flowers too. :)

Here are the rest of my supplies. I used black craft paint and foam letters. I love when things are the right size!  The banner paper came with pink twine but I am saving that for a different day and used green twine instead. 


A friend of mine gave me the G studio gem stones (for the flower centers) and they are fabulous!  They have an iridescent color to the so they aren't just clear.

Here are some close ups of the banner:



So this banner was made quickly. Whew! Sometimes you just don't have time to cut everything out! :)

Thank you for stopping by today! Until next time my friends-from scratch or semi homemade-as long as it gets created that's why counts! :)




6 comments:

Leslie Germain said...

Pretty banner!!! Love that it was a water colored banner pad!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeeeeeee this!!!!!!!!!!!

Eunice von creative clutter box said...

Beautiful banner and such a lovely idea ;)
I love it!
Have a nice day, Eunice

Billie A said...

Sweet banner and great colors and design.

Lilian said...

I love that collection! Beautiful banner!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio

Helen F. said...

Your semi-homemade banner is FABULOUS, Katy! Love the pretty embellishments too :)