Sunday, May 15, 2016

Ferris Wheel Card

Hello Everybody!

I hope you are having a wonderful weekend so far!  It's always wonderful when you can incorporate some crafty time!

My teammates and I have some wonderful mid-month inspiration for you at Creating with Stamps.  This month's challenge is Clean and Simple.  Here is my card:



The ferris wheel is from the Loads of Fun set made by Fun Stampers Journey.  I used Pink Passion Craft by stampin' up.  For the sentiment (same set) I used classic Orchid Opulence by SU.  The paper is also Orchid Opulence.  (A friend of mine gave me inks and matching papers-thank you!!)  And I used in for the background and Tim Holtz's Dot Fade stencil.  It was pretty boring just being white so the dots help add some interest.

On the ferris wheel I also used clear embossing powder to make it shiny.  Since I used the craft ink-it holds the powder just like versamark or distress ink.  This is always helpful when you don't have a certain color embossing powder!

Here you can see the shiny melted powder.


I would like to enter this into the following challenges:



Make sure you stop by Creating With Stamps and see all of the inspiration.  Until next time my friends...Keep It Simple Sweetie! ;)


10 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is soooooooooooooo fun! I loveeeeeeeee it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dotty Jo said...

This is lovely! Super colours and a fun sentiment, Jo x

Billie A said...

Fun card and fun sentiment. Hugs

Monika Reeck said...

I love that sentiment in Purple Katy
and nice color of that wheel
sweet and CAS design on your card
see you around Katy
big hugs
Monika

Helen F. said...

Oh the fun of a Ferris Wheel! Your cards brings back fond childhood memories, Katy. Love the shine of the embossing here too

Leslie Germain said...

Sweet card!! Love the image!!

Eunice von creative clutter box said...

Great card! :)

Diane said...

Nothing could be more fun then a ferris wheel card...great image! Thank you fo rjoining us at Sparkle N Sprinkle for our monthly challenge and good luck!
Diane SNS DT

Wendy Ann Batchen said...

Great card, thanks for joining us at Inspiration Destination and good luck. Wendy DT x

Lilian said...

What a fun card, Katy! Cool background!
Hugs,
Lilian
The Leaf Studio